- I made the sweatshirt more fitting by taking in the sleeves about 3 inches and the sides about 1 inch. It was originally a men's medium.
- You can create a design or pattern first or just randomly place the pieces anywhere. It took me two days to come up with a design. I know I have to stop procrastinating.
- First I applied the iron studs.
- Second I applied glue to the stickers and pressed in place. I used Aleene's jewel-it glue. The glue is white but it dries clear.
- Next, I pushed the cone studs through the sweatshirt and flattened down the prongs.
- Lastly, I used needle and thread to hand sew the buttons in place.
- For the zippers, I marked and measured where I wanted it to go and stitched each side onto the sweatshirt using a zipper foot. I cut off the excess and applied fray stop to the ends.
DIY: Embellished Sweatshirt