DIY: Lace Insert Top

    |

This week's DIY project is all about lace. I bought some black lace fabric about 2 months ago and I decided to put to use this past weekend. After searching online for some project ideas with lace, I came across this cool top which also included a DIY tutorial. It's pretty easy and requires absolutely no sewing which means you can try this at home.
Supplies:
shirt
lace fabric
chalk or marking pen
scissors
pins
heat bond
iron
shape template (optional)
  • Turn the shirt inside out. 
  • With the chalk mark the shape of your choice. You can also print out a shape and use that as a template.
  • Cut out the shape as marked on the shirt.
  • Pin down the piece that you cut onto the lace fabric.
  • Cut the lace around the shape with an extra 1/2 inch allowance.
  •  Remove the pins and place the right side of lace face down onto the wrong side of the shirt.
  • Follow the directions to apply the heat bond using the iron.
  • Cut off the excess fabric.








How do you feel about having lace added onto your clothing?

Outfit Details:
shirt Forever21 | jeans American Eagle | boots Franco Sarto | belt Calvin Klein | thrifted blazer Talbots

Linking up with: Monday Funday | The Style Record | Monday Mingle | Two Birds | BeBetsey | Style Elixir | All Things Pretty

34 comments

  1. Wow, looks great! I love the geometric details of the triangle panel on the striped shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite so far! I love how the shirt turned out and how you styled it. The leopard belt really adds a nice texture.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Amazing job. You look fabulous and I love the special detail of the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the lace. Great outfit altogether!


    ~Whitney
    whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Whitney! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mo, this is so pretty! I love how you combined lace and stripes I would not have thought of that! I love how you paired it with the sweater and jeans, and those boots are so cute!

    -Erica

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I've said this before, but this is definitely one of my faves! Gorg. Would love it if you could join us for Monday Mingle again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I need to try this with one of my shirts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go ahead and give it a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You seriously do the cutest things ever! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This top was already really cute, but this makes it even better! So impressed that you can do this.


    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah it's my fav print and extra cuteness doesn't hurt. :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I love it!! You are so creative and it looks perfect on you! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well! You will find topics such as beauty, health, NYC fashion, personal growth and motivation between others! <3

    Diana

    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

    New Outfit Post: A Colorful Cold Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! Loving the brown boots, and your clever display of DIY skills! :)


    Jen @ Librarian for Life & Style
    http://librarianforlifestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you did a great job! i love the stripes and lace adds just the right touch of sass. really nice outfit!

    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just way too fabulous... U styled it perfectly! Great Job AGAIN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such an impressive top and you did such a fabulous job I also like the two different types of stripes on that top.


    http://tia-cherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The hint of lace is a gorgeous detail! I love how it came out!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my what a great DIY, I love how you continued the stripe across the lace. And love how you styled it as well. Again I could totally see this item selling in a store like Zara.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i've seen this done before, but i like your take on it... to do the lace back as a triangle, paired with the stripes. i think you need to write a book with all your DIY's ... and i will expect you to autograph my copy! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. :-) Thanks again for your vote of confidence in me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. :-D Sounds like a great idea! Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mo,


    I love the idea of adding lace to a shirt. Adding lace adds a tab bit of sexiness and elegant. Love this look on you and those boots I want and I need!!


    www.iwouldsorockthis.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments!

Mo